Sunday, November 30, 2014

APCC Week 11~Altered Playing Card Challenge

Hello!
Welcome to Sunday!

Today I wanted to share my week 11 cards for the Alerted Playing Card Challenge by our wonderfully talented hostess Claudine Criner. You can see the wonderful challenge and her fabulous art HERE.

Click the images to make 'em larger:)



This was a super fun play! The backgrounds were created by using paper towels that had either been sprayed directly with ink sprays or the best part, the towels you use to soak up or dab off the excess ink that builds up when using sprays!

I put some gloss medium on top of the gessoed card. The skully card, I left the inked towel on it because I really love the texture!


The background has lots of bumps and ridges, so fun! Since I used gloss medium it dried nice and shiny. I added some sparkle tape at the bottom. The images are free digital stamps I found at WonderStrange. The digis are colored with Sharpies, Bic Mark It pens and some colored pencil.


For this card I applied the same gloss medium to the gessoed card. I pressed down an inked paper towel. I let it set for a few minutes and kinda pushed it down to get the ink into the medium. Then I pulled up the towel to leave the fun color on the background. The colors came out kind of bright, so I decided to stamp my images onto tissue paper then add it onto the card. The flower stamps are Prima, the circle is Unity. The sentiment stamp is Momenta. I added some tissue tape for the stem, but it is very light.

Thanks for looking!

Have a fun day!
~kim

Shared with the Altered Playing Card Challenge HERE and on the dedicated Facebook group.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, really love the quirkiness of your cards, so fun!! these are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.