Friday, November 28, 2014

Left of Center Challenge LOC #56~Babies

Happy Black Friday!

Hopefully you are not too worn out from shopping! Well it is ok if you are, pull up a chair and visit the creative darkness and sweetness for this current Challenge #56 using the theme Babies for Left of Center! Remember, it can be any sort of babies and you can always go over to the dark side:)

Our wonderful sponsor is A Day for Daisies. Please hop over to see some really awesome digital stamps, the drawings are so gorgeous and must be seen and enjoyed! Support our wonderful sponsors!

I purchased this image, it is so sweet! I love fairies and this is perfect! It is called Bundle of Fairy Love and you can see it HERE.

Here is my DT project, I hope you like it:)


I combined the Bundle of Fairy Love along with A Day for Daisies Christmas Flower image using Photoshop Elements. The stone angel background is a gorgeous digital paper by Smeared Ink. Once I was set with the layering and composition, I printed the digi onto Bristol paper with my inkjet printer. 

I wanted to keep the image of the fairies soft, so I used a water brush and Distress Inks for color. Once the coloring was done I layered the background with ripped paper edges stained with Distress Ink. 

The book pages are rescues from my son's Lit teacher who was trading a falling apart copy of the Odyssey for a new copy for extra credit, my son and I were pleased with the deal:) I tore up some pages and smeared some gesso onto the canvas. Before it was dry I pulled up the pages. Then I re-attached them with some gel medium.

I love the sentiment, I stamped it with  mini alphabet letters then framed it with more torn papers.

Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you have a chance to play along with us at LOC, Left of Center where you always have the option of playing along with the theme or just going Left Of Center!

Have a great day!
~kim 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.