Tuesday, March 24, 2015

APCC Week 27~Finale~Altered Playing Card Challenge



Today I have my Altered Playing Card Challenge set, week 27!

It is the final week of the challenge which was to alter an entire deck of regular playing cards at the rate of one pair per week. and yes! I did each week!! So happy to have accomplished this and at the same time, sad to see it done.

Please visit our lovely hostess Claudine HERE to see all the wonderful details. There is a Facebook group and it will continue on and we will see what comes along!

Thanks so much for following along on this fabulous journey. It means so much, I appreciate each comment and view of these cards that are so fun to make! Giant enormous hugs and thanks to Claudine for putting all this together and providing inspiration each week!

Here we go, as always please click each image if you want to see a bigger version :)



The base is the regular playing card covered with gesso to make things 'stick'.


The background here is inked with Archival Ink, Fern Green. I stamped the Unity butterfly on a book page with Jet Black Archival and then fussy cut it. The background stamps are Tim Holtz and Prima, stamped with Distress Embossing Ink and embossed in black. After inking the background, it must be totally dry so the excess EP does not stick where it should not :) (thanks for that reminder Claudine)


The background here I inked with Archival Ink, Potting Soil. But...it was way too dark. I thought it might lighten up on the gesso but no hahaha. So the opposite half I inked with Distress Ink Wild Honey which turned out much more yummy. I love the highlight it created. The background is stamped with a Unity postage/stamps stamp. The smaller images are Heidi Swapp. I free hand cut the heart.

The black smudge around the images I created by using a waterbrush and a General's watersoluble graphite pencil. (Micheal's craft store $3 for 2 pencils) I love the moody feel these pencils make.


Thanks so much for visiting today!

Have a wonderful week!

~hugs~
~kim

4 comments:

  1. I love these - they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These came out perfect! I love what you've done this week. Thanks so much for following along, it's so cool to have a final deck and it's all finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous APCs. I really like how you interpreted Claudine's cards this week. You make gorgeous APCs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.