Friday, July 24, 2015

Left of Center~New Challenge~ TEXTURE with Rosey Hearts~Art Journal Page

Happy Friday!

Thank goodness, this week is just about done! Time is flying, what do you think?

Today begins a new challenge at Left of Center Creative Challenges. Our fabulous sponsor is Melissa of Rosey Hearts! She has given all the creative team an image to play with and is offering a wonderful prize to the Left of Center Winner. To win you need to enter :) It is really easy, the theme is Texture. But as always if you don't want or care to follow that you are welcome to go left and maybe even just try something new to you! Just let us know in  your blog post when you link to us :)



Visit LOC  here and check out the super fabulous images by Melissa here.


I used the tangled image called Girltangle, given to me for this challenge. She is so fun to color, very relaxing!

 Once done I wanted to make a black and white background so she would really POP.

I used my DecoArt Gesso and Fluid Acrylic to prime and paint the page in my fancy smancy new art journal :)

Here is a peak at the journal, primed....




This is the as yet undone cover of my magazine turned to journal! I will admit I did not read the magazine it was part of a free subscription. Rather than toss it, I am recycling it into something I am more intrigued with.

I am using some washi tape to hold together sections of the thin pages. I adore the wrinkling and bubbling the pages have. Go with it, don't fight it :) The pages are so nice and smooth!


At the bottom you can see some of the creasing the page has, totally works for texture, right? I used an old giftcard to swipe inwards with Americana Satin Cotton ball to 'frame' Girltangle.

Another bit of tape and fabulous sticker by Tim Holtz and she is all set! I loveeee her cheeks, so cute with her pouty face!

Have a great day and don't forget to play with us at Left of Center!

~kim

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Awesome sauce Kim! What a neat way to recycle and have some fun at the same time. Your girl is a smashing success. Love the background of the black and white and how the main image pops off the page with all those vibrant colors! Wowzers! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.