Sunday, May 1, 2016

STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge~Stencil Sunday~New Challenge

Happy Sunday!

I am back again with my third post of the day, yay!

See my earlier ones HERE and HERE, you really make me smile when you visit, hugs!

Today starts a brand new mixed media challenge over on the STAMPloration's blog! The theme is always Anything Goes, add a Stencil.

Today I wanted to share my design team project using lots of DecoArt Media products and lots of stencil goodness from STAMPlorations ARTplorations stencil line.


I had a lot of fun with this wood canvas. It is a play I have done using my DecoArt Blogger Outreach stash for a technique I have seen a lot of online, not wax Encaustic, but using Matte Medium for the layers of translucent magic. 


I used the stencil Square Links with modeling paste for the crosses on the base layer in Americana Chartreuse along with some tape and paper scraps. Letting each payer dry, I slowly built up more layers using more paint through stencils, Retro Circles and some splatters.


The "daisy" was made using the Merry Go Round stencil and some pen doodling. On the top layer I added the butterfly from the Flutterby stecnil in DecoArt Crackle Paste.

I stamped the words on a book page using the Trendy Butterflies stamp set. I used more matte medium to attach the words and cover the entire surface to blend it into the background.

This is really a fun technique and I can't wait to play more! Hope you get your mixed media mojo going and play along with our challenge!



See ya soon!
~kim


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful canvas Kim, wonderful translucent layers, it really does look like encaustic! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.