Friday, January 16, 2015

Left of Center DT New Challenge #61~OddBall Art~Animal Instinct

Happy Friday!

Another week is wrapping up and YAY! Saturday is almost here! To tide you over till Saturday rolls in, I am sharing the new challenge that starts today at Left Of Center. This is Challenge #61 and our theme is Animal Instinct, but remember, anything goes that is Left of Center, just have fun! We hope to see you there soon!

Come see all of the amazing DT projects created to inspire you this week! You can follow this link HERE if you like:)

I am so happy to have been given this wonderful image from Oddball Art to play with this week. It is called Big Eye Zombie Girl by Lizzy Love and you can buy it HERE. I really love this image! My take on Animal Instinct is no matter what, everyone needs a teddybear, even zombies. The basic instinct, protect.

Please click each image to see it bigger :)


I colored my zombie girl with Sharpies and Bic Mark It markers.  I printed two copies and fussy cut both. The underneath layer is all dark gray, I wanted a deeper shadow.




I used scrap cardboard for the substrate. I covered part of it with white gesso so the colors would stay bright. Once dry I started adding some tissue paper onto it with gel medium. Then I started adding random Distress Paints and acrylics. I sprayed the colors with water to mix and make it runny. I added some torn book pages also. 

Once that was dry I used some stencils with texture paste I made. I let the first layer of paste dry then added another layer of stencilling with paste. I really like how the stencilling on stencilling effect came out!




Once the paste was dry(waited overnight) I started using Dylusions spray inks and some Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray. I misted with water and propped it up to drip.


I made the sentiment and layered it with a paper from Gecko Galz, love their stuff! I was so happy to have won some free papers and images over the last holidays. :)

Once all the sprays were dry, I used some Rub N Buff Antique Gold to add some shine, I like shiny things :)

Then I did some random stamping with Unity stamps and Jet Black Archival Ink.

Thanks so much for reading this far! I hope you have a minute to leave a comment, all your comments make my day!

~hugs~
~kim

I am also sharing this with:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Inky Background

and a big Welcome Back to A Step in the Dark! A great place to share your art!
A Step In The Dark Challenge 13: Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous Kim! Love the fiery colours and your use of corrugated cardboard! Fun image too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it from the first moment I had a sneaky peak! What a fab way to make me come to your blog - cos I'm so lazy. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! Loving the grungy texture on this! Can you email me your address? You won my blog candy! :) bexcruger at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Just emailed you again, the other one must have bounced eeek!

      Delete
  4. Loving the color + texture. Thank you for sharing, and for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all this, Kim, from the torn cardboard to the gray shadow layering to the double paste stenciling. So many techniques you rocked. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful, inky work!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great image and sentiment-love the texture and love the random colouring-- Thank you for joining us at A-Step-In -The Dark
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and words!
~~
A note regarding the GDPR and EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog.
People entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway promoted here, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner.
Thank you.